The surgery team at Saint Francis has decades of experience with both advanced and common surgical procedures. In fact, our team has been featured in national, regional and local news stories for a number of successful outcomes with complicated surgical cases.
- Bone fractures, including pin, plating and external fixation
- Knee ligament and tendon repair, including lateral suture, TPLO, Tightrope and other techniques; patellar luxation repair and more
- Hip dysplasia, including total hip replacement, triple pelvic osteotomy, femoral head osteotomy and other procedures
- Developmental orthopedics, including Osteochondritis dissicans, elbow dysplasia, angular limb deformities and lameness
- Spinal surgery: Intervertebral disc disease, cervical stenosis, degenerative disc disease and other conditions
- Vertebral fractures
- Spinal tumors
Soft tissue and oncologic surgery
- Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome Correction
- Caesarean Section
- Chronic ear and aural tumors
- Exploratory surgery & foreign body retrieval
- Hernia repair
- Plastic and reconstructive
- Resection of invasive neoplasms
- Total Ear Canal Ablation and Bulla Osteotomy (TECA-BO)
- Upper respiratory tract
Quality of care
In more than 30 years of veterinary practice, there isn’t much we haven’t seen and successfully treated. In fact, our work handling very complicated cases across many disciplines has been featured in local, regional and national news programs over the years.
On occasion, though, in order to coordinate a superior level of care that is enhanced by the wisdom, expertise and experience of additional professionals with unique capabilities, we may refer to or work with doctors and specialists at other local hospitals on particular cases. The goal in these instances is to bring together the very best veterinary minds in the region to care for pets in need.