Physical rehabilitation is a discipline focused on helping animals return to full physical capability following trauma or chronic disease impacting mobility.
Rehabilitation services at Saint Francis are led by Hannah McLean, DVM, DACVSMR, who is Board Certified in Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Pre- and post-operative therapy
- Arthritis and chronic pain management
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Neurologic rehabilitation
- Orthotics, prosthetics and assistive devices
- Fitness and conditioning
Modalities and treatment methods
- Digital gait analysis
- Therapeutic laser
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Range of motion therapies
- Regenerative therapies including Stem Cell and Platelet Enriched Plasma
- Manual therapy
- Massage therapy
- Home exercise programs
Quality of care
In more than 30 years of veterinary practice, there isn’t much we haven’t seen and successfully treated. In fact, our work handling very complicated cases across many disciplines has been featured in local, regional and national news programs over the years.
On occasion, though, in order to coordinate a superior level of care that is enhanced by the wisdom, expertise and experience of additional professionals with unique capabilities, we may refer to or work with doctors and specialists at other local hospitals on particular cases. The goal in these instances is to bring together the very best veterinary minds in the region to care for pets in need.