Internal Medicine is a discipline focused on diagnosing and treating disorders affecting nearly any system of the body, including complex cases that affect multiple systems.
Diagnostics, which are ‘clues’ from various tests and studies, help our doctors manage complex cases.
- Bone marrow evaluations
- Critical care mangement
- Computed Tomography (CT) with 3D rendering
- Feeding tube placement
- Transfusion medicine
- Ultrasonography including biopsy
Systems and diseases treated:
- Endocrine – diabetes, thyroid, Cushing’s disease
- Gastrointestinal – inflammatory bowel disease and pancreatitis
- Infectious – Leptospirosis, tick-borne diseases, viral, and fungal conditions
- Kidney and urinary tract – Urinary tract infection, feline lower urinary tract disease (etc)
- Respiratory – Asthma, pneumonia
- Hematology – Immune-mediated diseases, anemia, platelet disorders (etc)
Quality of care
In more than 30 years of veterinary practice, there isn’t much we haven’t seen and successfully treated. In fact, our work handling very complicated cases across many disciplines has been featured in local, regional and national news programs over the years.
On occasion, though, in order to coordinate a superior level of care that is enhanced by the wisdom, expertise and experience of additional professionals with unique capabilities, we may refer to or work with doctors and specialists at other local hospitals on particular cases. The goal in these instances is to bring together the very best veterinary minds in the region to care for pets in need.