USDA International Travel Certification

If you plan to bring your pet with you during international travel, you will need a USDA Accredited veterinarian to certify that your pet is safe to travel and approved to enter your destination country.

Saint Francis has multiple veterinarians who are Accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture to certify your pets for international travel.

Preparing for your trip

  • Book an appointment at Saint Francis for travel certification as far in advance of your travel plans as possible so that you have plenty of time to handle unexpected issues that might arise during the process.
  • Make sure your pet is up to date on all vaccines.
  • Visit the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service website to learn about your destination country’s requirements and limitations.