K9 Heroes Total Health Program
The K9 Heroes Total Health Program provides working and service dogs with steep discounts on medical services so that handlers, departments and agencies can support their K9s.
Donate to support the health of police and service K9s
Gunshots, trauma from perpetrator attacks and line-of-duty injuries…these are the extreme risks that our service K9s face each day. Their medical bills sometimes exceed the agency, department or handler’s ability to pay and in those circumstances, we rely on fundraising. If you’d like to donate to the K9 fund, please do so here – and THANK YOU.
- The Police Department
- United States Military
- Federal Marshals Service
- Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- US Citizen & Immigration Service
- Other Law Enforcement agencies utilizing K9s
Costs and coverages
Enrollment in the Program is $750 per dog for one year, which covers:
- Unlimited access to most services at no additional charge
- Low copays to reduce the costs of advanced medicine by 70% or more
- Warehouse pricing for medications, foods, supplements, and supplies
- Unlimited Fit-for-duty examinations
- Unlimited wellness appointments, including vaccines
- Unlimited 24-hour emergency visits
- Unlimited laboratory (blood tests, fecal tests, etc)
- Unlimited general surgery services (procedures that would typically cost less than $800)
- Unlimited physical rehabilitation visits
- Unlimited Radiograph (Xray) services
- Unlimited Ultrasound services
- Advanced procedures including Titanium dental implants (any procedure costing over $800) – $250 copay (to cover material and staff costs) and 30% of the cost of the procedure. This represents as much as 70% savings on advanced procedures no matter the severity of the medical challenge, saving thousands of dollars.
- Specialty services – $50 consultation copay, $25 recheck copay. This copay caps the costs of specialist consultations at our hospital. This represents hundreds of dollars of savings each occurrence.
- Computed Tomography (CT or “CAT” Scan) – $250 copay. This copay caps the costs of CT Scans, saving more than $1,000 per scan.
- Radiologist interpretation – $75 copay. This copay caps the costs whenever a radiologist interpretation is required.
Fundraising to supplement costs
The Be My Angel Veterinary Fund helps raise money to ensure K9s receive the medical care they require. Through the Fund, we can also help departments, agencies and handlers raise money to cover the enrollment fees, copays and other costs as needed.
Register a K9
To register a K9, please complete this form in full. Once your information is received, we’ll contact you to complete the registration. Registration lasts for one year from the date of each K9’s registration, and the entire registration process can take less than one day.