We love welcoming great new people into our Saint Francis team!
State of the Art Medicine
Our history began with the vision of our Chairman, Dr. Mark Magazu, who has built two hospitals that qualified as Finalists for American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Practice of the Year. We practice progressive medicine rooted in the finest traditions of the veterinary profession, and seek doctors and staff who are eager to uphold the highest standards of veterinary care.
Pay Scales and Revenue Sharing/Bonuses
Full-time veterinarians typically earn either a flat salary or a base salary plus a share in the revenues they generate. We aim to ensure salaries at our hospital are competitive and generous. (NOTE regarding new graduates: New veterinary graduates can expect to earn salaries that are 10% – 20% higher than annual salaries at our hospital versus the national averages, based on reporting by the October 2015 edition of JAVMA)
Non-veterinarian staff members participate in our wage scale, which defines the upper range of wages an employee can earn at their position. Our wage scale offers employees an upper wage range that is typically among the top 10% of animal hospitals in the United States. An employee’s wage is generally based on three things:
- Skill level for their position
- How positive an employee is in the workplace
- How successfully an employee exhibits great teamwork each and every day. Therefore, an employee who is highly skilled, has a positive attitude and works well within a team setting can expect to earn a high wage at our hospital
Non-veterinarian staff are eligible for bonuses based on the financial success of our hospital and of their department.
Information on salary and wage scales, as well as revenue share bonuses, are shared with job applicants at the time of their job interviews.
Our hospital offers a benefits package on par with a Fortune 500 company, including:
- Healthcare – we pay a significant portion of healthcare plans for every employee
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement – 401k matches
- Mental health – Employee Assistance Program
- Education – CE allowances and tuition assistance
- Discounted insurances – life, dental, eye care, and disability
- Travel – discounts on vacations, car rentals, tickets and more
- Tickets – discounts on movie tickets, theme parks and more
- Electronics – cell phones, cell plans, computers and other discounts
- Holiday deals – toys, gifts, department store discounts and more
- Home and auto – discounts on home improvement supplies, car purchases and more
- Grocery coupons
- Flowers and gifts discounts
- Dining and food discounts
- Family care – discounts on child care, education and tutoring, identity protection and more
- Wellness – discounts on diet plans, fitness needs, beauty and skin care, spas and yoga and more
- Apparel – discounted men’s, women’s and children clothes
- Parent deals – discounts on breast pump, child care maternity clothes, learning products and more
- Financial – credit, legal, home mortgage and insurance deals
- Retail stores – wholesale store deals
A Family Atmosphere
Saint Francis Veterinary Center is a family owned and operated practice that emphasizes the values and positive aspects of a ‘family atmosphere’ each day in the workplace. The doctors and staff who work at Saint Francis operate as colleagues to take on serious medical challenges each day. As an organization that aims to uphold the highest standards of medical care, we believe it is important to also engender an enjoyable, fulfilling, healthy work environment.
A Team of Colleagues
Saint Francis Veterinary Center is comprised of a team of professionals who work together for the benefit of our patients. We respect each other as colleagues and as individuals. We share one goal: to the very best of our ability, we seek to treat our patients according to the highest standards of veterinary medicine with a profound commitment to professional ethics and personal compassion. As we welcome new colleagues to the team, we value individuals who are respectful, enthusiastic, professional and eager to add their own personality and goals to our workplace. We are a team of professionals sharing a goal, and we seek committed new team members who will contribute unique talents and ideas to that endeavor.