Cardiology is a medical specialty dealing with disorders of the heart, including diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology.
Make an appointment today – financing options available
- Call 856.467.0050
- Click here to request a consultation >
Our Cardiology service offers comprehensive consultations and complete cardiac evaluations utilizing radiography, color flow Doppler echocardiography, electrocardiography, 24-hour ambulatory electrocardiographic (Holter) monitoring, and cardiac event recording in the diagnosis and management of patients with all forms of congenital and acquired heart disease.
Why choose Saint Francis?
- Only Cardiology service in South Jersey accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), earning a Department rating of 93% on our most recent AAHA evaluation.
- One of the region’s leading hospitals offering Interventional Cardiology Services, including implantation of pacemakers, closing abnormal vessels with self-expanding devices, angiography to visualize vascular defects, and balloon valvuloplasty to open narrowed vessels in the body.
- Our staff handles all coordination with your family veterinarian throughout your pet’s care at Saint Francis.
- Implantation of pacemakers
- Closing abnormal vessels with self-expanding devices
- Angiography to visualize vascular defects
- Balloon valvuloplasty to open narrowed vessels in the body
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired cardiac disease
- Diagnosis of thoracic and pericardial neoplasia
- Electocardiogram interpretation (ECG)
- Heart murmur evaluation
- Pre-adriamycin evaluation
- Radioactive iodine therapy pre-screening
- Removal of fluid from thorax (pleurocentesis), the abdomen (abdominocentesis) and the pericardium (pericardicentesis)
- Thoracic and cardiac echocardiography (ultrasound)
- Acquired cardiac disease (valvular insufficiency, dilated cardiomyopathy, muscle disorders, pericardial disease
- Congenital cardiac disease (patent ductus arteriosus, pulmonic stenosis, aortic stenosis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy)
- Congestive heart failure
- Pericardial and pleural space disease and neoplasia
- Pulmonary disease