Mark Magazu is President and Chief Executive Officer of Saint Francis Veterinary Center. His executive portfolio includes overall direction and strategic growth of the operation, and management of all areas of the hospital. Mark also manages all media and communications for the hospital, an executive portfolio that includes all brand, public relations and marketing responsibilities.
Mark is one of a handful of industry professionals who has led successful efforts for American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Accreditation for both a general practice and a specialty practice, the former earning honors as a Top 2 Finalist for AAHA Accredited Practice of the Year, North America, 2012, and the latter earning honors as a Top 2 Finalist AAHA Accredited Referral Practice of the Year, North America, 2014.
Mark earned his BA in Economics and Political Science at Columbia University. He earned his MA in Public Policy and Administration from the School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) at Columbia University. He earned his law degree from The Georgetown University Law Center.
Mark’s academic interests include American and international political theory, moral and political philosophy, American legal theory, and modern American political history.
Outside of his responsibilities at Saint Francis, Mark serves in the following capacities:
- Strategic Advisor to Orthobiologic Innovations, LLC; the world-renowned Veterinary Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group (VOSM); and Drs. Sherman and Debra Canapp, consulting on research, development and practice endeavors in veterinary regenerative medicine, sports medicine and orthopedic advancements.
- President of New York-based representation and consulting firm Atlas Strategies, where he handles major accounts. In this capacity, Mark has consulted for Fortune 500 companies such as Wachovia and Ameriprise, as well as for professional athletes and entertainers from the stage, television, music, baseball and football. In his capacity as a sports agent, Mark has negotiated tens of millions of dollars in athlete contracts.
- Founder of the Titan Cooperative, which provides business, charitable and career consulting services to the worlds “titans” in sports, entertainment and industry.
- Founder & Chairman of the Angels for Animals Foundation, the mission of which is to raise money to ensure animals receive life-saving medical care when owners suffer financial hardship. Angels launched the Guardian Angels K9 Fund in 2015 to ensure that police, military and other service dogs have access to the most advanced medical care possible during active duty and in retirement.
- Co-founder and co-owner of Lit Cigar Lounge & King’s Club in southern New Jersey, which offers a the public a premium selection of the world’s finest cigars as well as a private, members-only lounge that caters to individuals and businesses who enjoy a sophisticated and comfortable social experience prime for conversation, networking and relaxation.
In these capacities, Mark has contributed to a number of national media stories, including for Fox News, ESPN, Yahoo!, CBS, NBC, The Blaze and dozens of others.
Mark has held positions and/or internships with the following organizations & entities:
- Wachovia Securities, consulting on business process reengineering for a prominent wealth management group (2004)
- The Council on Foreign Relations, focusing on dignitary events in New York City (2003)
- The British Parliament, serving the Scottish National Party, focusing on immigration policy (2002)
- The White House, serving the President’s Counsel of Economic Advisors, focusing on tax policy (2001)
- The Elizabeth Dole for President Exploratory Committee, serving as a personal aide to the candidate and as a speechwriter (2000)
- The Office of Congressman Frank LoBiondo, serving as a legislative intern (1999)
Mark holds the following designations and qualifications:
- Juris Doctor: Georgetown University Law Center
- Master of Arts, Public Administration: Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Political Science: Columbia University
- General Securities Representative/Series 7 (inactive): Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Uniform Combined State Law Exam/Series 66 (inactive): Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Contract Advisor/Agent – National Football League and Major League Baseball (retired)
- Member, Sports Lawyers Association
- Founding Member, National Association of Sports Agents & Athlete Representatives.
Mark is rarely seen without his sidekick Boomer, a red-nosed pit bull he rescued, along with the SPCA of New York City and Animal Planet’s popular show “Animal Precinct.” Boomer had suffered significant abuse as a bait dog in a dog fighting operation, and at the time of his rescue he was severely emaciated, suffering from pneumonia, with terrible trauma to his face and eyes. The loving people at the SPCA began Boomer’s road to recovery, and our surgeons performed two reconstructive surgeries to his face to restore Boomer’s vision and dashing good looks. Today (probably right now!), Boomer spends his old age snoozing under Mark’s office desk and greeting visitors as they stop in.
Mark’s response to almost everything is: “Ok, so what’s the solution?”