Joseph is the Practice Manager. He is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations in the hospital. Prior to accepting this position, he was previously the Manager of Nursing Staff and was a Nurse in the Department of Emergency and Critical Care. Before joining our team, he was employed as a veterinary technician at a small animal general practice for four years.
Although Joe enjoys most aspects of veterinary medicine, he has a particular interest in emergency and critical care (ECC). Some of his favorite aspects of ECC are: cardiopulmonary resuscitation, trauma, sepsis, toxicities, coagulation disorders, and transfusion medicine. From a management perspective, he enjoys team building and educating.
Joe has a Golden Retriever named, “Clover”. When not working, Joe enjoys spending time with his family and friends, running, and going on vacation.
Veterinary Certifications & Training
- Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Class IV Therapeutic Laser Certification
- Animal Disaster Response (FEMA)
Organizations & Memberships
- Association for Veterinary Technician Educators (AVTE)
- International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management (IVAPM)
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA)
- NAVTA Membership Committee
- New Jersey Veterinary Hospital Managers Association (NJVHMA)
- New Jersey Veterinary Technicians and Assistants (NJVTA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
- VECCS Practice Management Committee
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Forum, Denver, Co, 2016 (Case Report)
- New York State Association of Veterinary Technicians (NYSAVT) Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY, 2016
- New Jersey Veterinary Technicians and Assistants (NJVTA) Conference, Eatontown, NJ, 2016
- International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Symposium (IVECCS), Washington, D.C, 2015 (Case Report & Moderator)